Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Bewildering Attitudes I Have Encountered in the Wild (part 4 of old-school.txt)

  • This set of abstract mechanics is okay, but this other set of abstract mechanics breaks my immersion. Disassociated!
  • When I talk about reading old D&D books, I use the word exegesis because these are ~sacred texts~.
  • OMG I can't believe the prices that WotC and/or Paizo charge for these books! The hobby doesn't need these huge books packed with artwork! (minutes later) I just dropped a hundred bucks on this 300+ page, profusely illustrated book from my favorite OSR publisher!
  • You want to run a game full of characters options, modern design sensibilities, focused on character interaction? Have you considered using OD&D or Swords & Wizardry for that?
  • This person's horrible personality and inexcusable behavior are worth putting up with because he made a good blog post five years ago. I mean, we're all gamers, right?